First the stuff. Senior Year Bites is the book club book of the month at Kelley Armstrong’s forum thanks to Tammy Crosby. If you want to stop by and follow the discussion, ask a question, or join in, please click this link.
Also, the new Young Adult blog I’m a part of, Fabulously Young ePubs is going strong. We have a ton of regular bloggers and room for guest blogs. There were a lot of introductions last month, so scroll back to find out who we are. We’ll be posting some free fiction for the many holidays coming up as well as other blog topics. Please feel free to drop in and check us out. We love comments 🙂
OMG, it’s September? WTF…. I guess I need to get in another camping trip this year. Wow… I lost a few months in the craziness of my life.
And the award. I’ve been gifted with the Seriously Cute Blogger award from the afore mentioned Tammy Crosby. Check her blog out. It rocks. She has great tips and a great sense of humor. (And she really liked SYB so that makes it even better. LOL) I do believe she’s talking about Kira when she says cute, but that’s okay.
ETA: Oh, I got Nominated by Julie Particka too. You can check out her blog here: http://julieparticka.com/blog/?p=962
Puppy Club rules are:
1st RULE: You do not talk about Puppy Club.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Puppy Club. (I’m not talking about it. I’m writing about it. LOL)
3rd RULE: You talk about 5 books/films/TV shows you’ve read or watched in the last 12 months.
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2. – loved it. I’d talk alot about the movie, but I’d be gushing, so I’ll just say, if you haven’t seen it yet… do so. Make sure you see part 1 first. This movie left me seriously wanting to reread the Harry Potter books… again… I might do that this winter.
2. Cowboys and Aliens – what’s not to love. It had Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig in it. I say again, what’s not to love. The addition of Clint Eastwood would have made this perfect. It was a really fun, shoot’em up cowboy vs aliens movie with outlaws, aliens, and… super cool alien guns! Horses, cute cowboy butts and explosions. I’m a happy girl. (ever notice how chaps make a cowboy butt just that much better?)
3. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney – I’ve known Karen online for several years and she’s one cool person/blogger/writer. http://www.kazmahoney.com/ The Iron Witch is her debut novel and it reads like she’s been writing novels all her life. It’s a young adult urban fantasy and I highly recommend it.
4. Usher’s Inc by Rusty Fisher – Rusty is a zombie writer with a great sense of humor. I haven’t read his Zombie book yet, but this one is about a group of movie Ushers who turn into monster fighting badassess…. all because they watch hundreds of B-monster movies… all the time. I highly recommend this one too. http://zombiesdontblog.blogspot.com
5. Hounded, Iron Druid Chronicles #1 by Kevin Hearne – A refreshing take on Urban Fantasy from one of the few male UF writers out there. There is great humor (the dog rocks), kick ass fights, and the MC is really intriguing. Check it out!
And here are a couple other Seriously Cute Bloggers.
1. Sean Hayden – http://shaydenfl.wordpress.com/ (it’s the awesome hair – almost as long as mine is)
2. Jen Wylie – http://jlwylie.wordpress.com/ – she totally rocks.