Julie Particka aka Selestial aka a pretty great author friend of mine and fellow OWG member has awarded me a Versital Blogger award. Now I have to tell you seven interesting facts about myself.
And nominate a few bloggers myself.
First the nominations: Mardel of Rabid Reader fame
And Tammy Crosby aka CNDWMN
You two have to post 7 interesting facts now too 🙂 bwahahaha. Tammy is a fellow OWG member, great beta reader and awesome banner artist. Mardel is a wonderful book reviewer, friend and proof reader 🙂
1. Like Selestial, Halloween is my favorite Holiday, followed closely by Thanksgiving. I love holidays that are all about parities and food and dressing up. Talk like a Pirate day is pretty cool too. lol.
2. I’m a sailor. 🙂 No, really, I race one design dingies.
3. I have a horde. three cats, one dog and a horse and a boyfriend. Quite the horde.
4. this one might not come as a surprise, but I have a vampire jedi living in my head. Recently my friend also told me that I had a vampire shoulder angel and a Jedi shoulder angel.
5. I’ve been writing vampire fiction since before it was popular. Kat, aka Ekatarine, is one of my favorite characters and she will see publication some day 🙂 (she’s the vampire Jedi living in my head. Long story that.)
6. I’m convinced that shaving your legs (if you’re a girl) is completely overrated.
7. I’m crazy. Oh, wait… that’s common knowledge. I waited ten years to get a dog, even though I’ve wanted one ever since I left home. I wanted to make sure I had as close to a good lifestyle for a dog as I could. Especially since I knew I wanted an active, intelligent dog. Yeah, I got a Border Collie, doesn’t get more active or intelligent than that 🙂
Okay, now on to something else. My friend Kim Carmen of Night Lily Design is doing a Harry Potter release day giveaway and she’d really like it if you checked it out. You can win one of her fabulous book monsters 🙂 Go here.
and here are her rules.
Giveaway is open worldwide. I will be pulling a number from my random.org top hat after 12:01am EST on July 15, 2011, and the corresponding commenter will win! Kimberly will contact that lucky soul for a mailing address. If she doesn’t hear back from the winner within 3 days, a new number will be drawn.
Mandatory Entry: Creep over to the Night Lily Design Etsy shop then comment on Her post that I linked above with your favorite handmade item and a way to contact you, preferably an email or Etsy shop.
Extra Entries: Don’t forget the mandatory comment before moving on to these! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry to count.
1. Like that same item by using the facebook like button on the right sidebar of Kimberly’s Etsy listing and leave a comment here with the number of likes to the right of the button.
2. Like this giveaway on facebook by using the like button at the bottom of this post and comment with your profile link. If you have a facebook business page, you may also share it there once a day.
3. Like the Night Lily Design AND aquariann Art pages on facebook. Liking both counts as one extra entry.
4. Follow @NightLilyDesign AND @aquariann on twitter. Following us both counts as one entry, as long as you leave a comment with your own username.
5. Tweet about the giveaway using the one below or a variation of your own. Leave a comment with the link.
#HarryPotter fans will love @NightLilyDesign #giveaway for cute #handmade monster eReader cover, hosted by @aquariann ~ http://bit.ly/jmb9ti
6. Vote for my blog just by clicking Picket Fence Blogs. You may do this once a day.
7. Spread the word! Use the leaf icons at the bottom to share this giveaway onStumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, or Del.icio.us. I’ll honor one entry for every networking website you share it on, just make sure to leave separate comments for each.
8. Reblog my post on tumblr, just leave a separate comment to let me know.
9. Blog about it or copy and paste the button code below to your sidebar!
Awe jeez, thanks Julie! I love more work… lmao! 😉 JK!
Great post and I LOVE the monster cover, sooo fun! 🙂
Oh, and I should have noted, it’s a tough call between the Russet fur monster and the bright blue one. But I like the bright blue one best. It would defineately get noticed and be a good conversation starter. Alas, I am Canadian and have a Kobo. lol! 🙂
Yay more work for you! I had to share the love. LOL. Kim’s monsters are pretty kick ass.
Tammy I’m reposting your entry over on the site. I did a direct copy and paste of the rules without completely reading them. So you actually gotta post on her blog. Sorry.